Saturday, January 20, 2007

Doug Moe: Coach of the "Run & Gun" 76ers

Coach Doug Moe led the 1992-3 76ers to a 19-37 record, after trading superstar Charles Barkley for Jeff Hornacek, Andrew Lang, and Tim Perry. Moe was replaced by Fred Carter after Moe's heralded "Run & Gun" offense lost a game by 56 points.

This quote pretty much sums up his tenure:
"Somebody said to me, 'It's Friday the 13th, are you going to be jinxed?' I said, 'Bleep, you can't jinx us.'"
--Doug Moe, on his 1992-93 Philadelphia 76ers, who were 1-7 in the preseason and 0-3 at the start of the regular season
It's actually kind of comical to look back and read these article snippets about the hype surrounding this team...

Philly Inquirer

Philly Daily News

Boston Globe

Associated Press

And one last Inqy article

Whoops... guess that wholed "Run & Gun" plan didn't quite pan out.

1 comment:

GM-Carson said...

I see you guys just recently started this. Good so far. I have a Phillies site that I'd like you to check out at http://pabaseball.blogspot.com "We Should Be GM's" and maybe we could exchange links. Let me know, thanks.