Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Major League Bravery, Major League Blunder

As you have likely heard by now, the Phillies players performed a very good deed over the past weekend during a game against the Rockies in Denver. As a nasty rain storm blew in, the grounds crew tried to lay the tarp but it quickly got out of control and actually trapped some crewmen. The Phils came to the rescue by running from the bench and holding the tarp down. Kudos to the Phightins' selflessness and bravery by jumping into action. Only one Rockies player came out to help, and that was their home field.

So I originally intended to discuss the topic in a totally different light (which I may yet do in a future post), but something really burned me between the time I started writing and, well, now.

I intended to click on over to YouTube and pop a link on this post to the video that I watched of the event on Monday. Well today I find the MLB has removed the video due to a copyright claim.

For the love of fungoes. Give me a break.

This unusual, memorable, unscripted moment did not even involve a moment of baseball. What's the harm in letting the public enjoy it? Let the viral nature of the internet take over and allow people to enjoy it freely.

The Phils didn't let go of the tarp. MLB should let go of this video... and let people enjoy it for the great moment it was.

To read more, here's a Google search about the tarp that didn't get away.

No comments: