Friday, January 11, 2008

Eagles Throwback Jerseys: Which One Would You Choose?

At Modell's the other day, I peered up at a wall of throwback Eagles jerseys. I was looking to spend my gift card and I wanted an Eagles jersey since I didn't own one, and didn't particularly feel like getting a current player, for no other reason than pretty much every Iggles fan has a Westbrook, McNabb, Dawkins, or other familiar player's uniform. So the throwbacks caught my eye but I had a decision to make on which player to spring for. The choices were:

Harold Carmichael (#17)
Randall Cunningham (#12)
Keith Jackson (#88)
Ron Jaworski (#7)
Vince Papale (#83)
Mike Quick (#82)
Reggie White (#92)

For any Eagles fan, this is a tough call!

Quite honestly, on any given day I might have chosen a different one depending on my mood. I must have been in a hungry mood that day because I wound up going with the "Jaws" jersey. In reality, it was a very close call for me, with each player having a different selling point. Cunningham was silky smooth and wore my favorite number, Vince Papale was gritty and a unique star (though I was too young to see him play), Reggie was a legend, and so on and so forth. Once you get thinking about it, it gets pretty tough!

So I ask you... what throwback Eagles jersey would you have chosen?

2 comments:

Mike said...

I think you have to get good old #7. Something about The Polish Rifle and that Green Jersey with the White Stripes around the arm makes a fashion statement. In fact, maybe the next time I come up to Philly, I will purchase a Ron Jaworski Throw Back.

Mike said...

You and I think alike, my friend! I guess that's why we are the smartest guys on the planet!

And you're certainly more than welcome back to Philly... though I'd be happy to send you a Jaws jersey anytime!