Monday, April 28, 2008

I Love the Flyers, but...


I love the Flyers but I have one issue with the team.

Right now I'm watching the game against the Habs (what's a Hab, by the way??) and the fans are decked out in orange shirts... an "orange crush" as they call it.

But here's the issue I have...the Flyers hardly even have any orange in their freakin jerseys anymore!

For whatever reason, a couple of years ago, the Philadelphia Flyers management and marketing mavens decided to take out the classic orange color out of the sweaters. Now their home jerseys are black just like 68% of the other teams out there. (Okay, that's an unofficial calculation, but probably close to being true.)

When the Flyers wore the orange uni's, you KNEW the Flyers were playing. Now, the Flyers look like every other team out there. I miss the orange identity.

But at least the orange lives on in the stands...

No comments: