Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weird Phillies Fans

At today's Phillies game, I had the chance to observe some weird Phillies fans in action. A few that caught my eye included:

-A guy sitting a few rows in front of us yelled at another fan in the next section over who was trying to start "the wave." Anytime the wave-starting fan stood up to start the wave, this old codger yelled "NOOO!!! Sit down!!!" and proceeded to mutter how much he hates the wave. Why? It's a game, not a funeral... if people want to have some fun, well, that's the whole point! Not to mention the fact that the guy was wearing a baseball glove (which is perfectly fine), with a batting glove on underneath (which is just bizarre). (Good observation Mike D!)

-A guy sat on the aisle next to us with a fat baseball stats book, a yellow legal pad, and a bag full of pistachios. He took notes every so often, flipped through the book's pages, and had shells strewn all over the aisle. To add to it, he had nose hairs that practically reached down to his upper lip. No real wonder why he was alone...

-While walking along the concourse, two college-aged dudes came up to me and one of them asked "Do you know where Billy is?" I assumed it was a joke and played along, saying "Yeah I think I saw him go that way." And I of course kept walking and didn't turn back.

Weird. Very weird. But at least the Phillies won.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Never look around at the stadium. Scary! How about seeing a guy talking to himself going through every move the managers and players should make. Again, he was by HIMSELF! After 20 some years of season tickets, I have learned to keep to myself! Of course it is always fun to laugh.

http://myteamrivals.typepad.com/phightin_phils_phorum/