Thursday, June 21, 2007

How Much Does a Run Cost?

A recent study out of England showed how expensive Premiership football (soccer) games are becoming to watch in person in Ole Limey. The study compared what it costs to see a goal, based on the average price of season tickets for each team. The range was rather broad, from about $25 per goal at Blackburn home games to a whopping $95 per goal at both Arsenal and my tortuously beloved Manchester City.

This got me to thinking what it would cost to see a run in baseball, a touchdown in football, and so forth. While I don't have the time or resources to investigate this, I'd be intrigued to see what Americans are willing to pay to see points on the board in person.

My personal range would probably fall into these groups: $3-8 for a Phillies run at home, $10-20 for an Eagles touchdown at home, $10-20 for a Flyers goal, and 15-30 cents for a point by the Sixers at home.

What would you pay?

No comments: