Monday, June 18, 2007

Steve Jeltz: International Man of Mystery

My recent post (sorry for the delay since I last wrote, my loyal fan[s]), discussed the unassuming Philadelphia Phillies shortstop Steve Jeltz. Never did I realize he had a pretty strong little following out there in cyber-world (and out in the real world, by extension). In fact, since writing, I received two very kind and interesting comments, both by people who have previously met Steve and were impressed by his friendliness and, in one case, his looks! ("Hot, hot, hot" were the words of one adoring fan.) They even put out the smoke signals for Steve to contact them if he's so inclined. Well, no guarantees on that one, but I'd be happy to be the conduit if it works out as such! Steve-- if you're out there, drop us all a line, we'd love to hear from ya!

I suppose that's one of the great things about the internet... People from all walks of life and from all countries (including Canada, where one fan checked in with a comment) can unite on a common topic and discuss it at their leisure and with passion. Turns out that my fondness for all things Philly Sports coincides with the fondness that others have of one of the lesser-known Philly athletes from two decades ago. Pretty cool!

So to all of you Steve Jeltz fans, I'm excited to hear from you and perhaps we can keep the discussion going. And perhaps we can celebrate some Phillies' victories along the way. No guarantees on that one either.

No comments: